Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Experience on the Appalachian Trail

My biggest experience in nature was when I went backpacking on the Appalachian Trail over the summer. All throughout the trail I felt as though I was free. I felt as though none of the troubles I had back home could get me here. All I ever saw was nature at its finest. It was as though mankind had never even laid their hand on the entire land. I would always hear the rustling of the trees or the chirping of birds. Unfortunately, this trip did not turn out very well later on. We were unable to stay at the first rest point so we had to hike an entire days worth ahead. This course also lead us straight through devil’s race course. It was dark when we finally got to the fully occupied rest area. We were so weak we had to rest for a day so that we would be able to trek on tomorrow. As fate would have it, this was in vain because my father had injured himself on the race course. The temperature dropped below freezing and it wasn’t going to get any better. So in the end, we were forced to quit early. It was one of the best summers I have had so far and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Written by James, Junior.

No comments:

Post a Comment